[V2] Personal Feedback

Hi and thank you for making this project :slight_smile:

I would like to provide my feedback about V2 and open discuss to other even if I know there is already a dedicated button on the website. I think the forum is complementary.

I can’t be exhaustive so I just write some comment to discuss :

• New design is pretty and the color for distinguish type of domain is nice too (a little bit strange on secondaries)
  • We can easily retrieve (almost) all old features intuitively
  • Mergin auction and fixed price is useful
  • Domain recommendation is very cool too :slight_smile:

But I have 1 important point I would like to improve if possible (and an other strange thing) :

• I didn’t find how to sort auctions/fixed price by currency, and when all currency are mixed the domains aren’t sort by cost ($ converted), so in reality it’s very impossible to use it as we want except if we just want to see random domains (before leaving by boring).

• I didn’t find certified sellers page like on tweeter, maybe because work in progress… Why not put a button for filter only certified, or give them a special frame to display only certified (or gold member), just something to

This V2 can be a boost for the project, but if the browzing feature (most important) is not perfect it can be a plague. I think we need more sorting/filtering/options for that.

Thank you

1 Like

hi @SolaNames

Thanks for your valuable feedback and suggestions.

Regarding filters you mentioned for auctions/ fixed price, we are currently working on it.

For certified seller page, you can go to “community” and find it here.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer.

I would like to add that in V2 I don’t know how to cancel a loosing bid (execpt doing a new bid). Is it on the list ?

EDIT : In fact it is possible easily on “offer” page but not on the domain page.

RIP V1 :cry:
Is it a way to still use V1 ?
Or some news about sorting auctions :innocent:

1 Like

Agreed. For now - would like temporary v1 still for bulk claim and some other things. If we can plz :slight_smile:

Or if we can get these added to v2 (Bulk Claim, Restart Auction Button missing)
@bonfida

also - Transfer Domain upon winning or selling a domain is missing.
also - Cost to claim a new domain is set at 0.07 SOL for 10KB with no option of 1KB rent claim

1 Like

The design is pretty for some people but very distracting with a lot of functionalities lost. It is not supposed to be Bonfida’s top priorites during the bear market.

If you using a laptop, you cannot see no more than 2 rows (each row having 3 tiles) of names. Ever thought about making it 4 rows? What people care most? Ask yourself. People care about the domain names, period. But you only show 2 rows without scrolling as shown in the attached picture.

And have only 1 scroller for the whole page like before which will expand the total viewing area that you are not taking advantage of. Very non-intuitive design.

Also get rid of the fixed portions at the top and the bottom that are blocking 30% of the total viewing areas. It’s really a pain in the neck. Nobody wants to see them. Nothing important there.

I don’t really care how it looks. But you cannot undo functions that were available in the old interface, which is very professionally done.

I would rather you guy spend some time fixing the Jabber app, making it available on Phantom. That is something you should be working on. That is a real problem to solve. A bottleneck that should have been fixed last October. And you know it. It’s long overdue. I don’t care if it’s Phantom’s issue. Fix it. Pull your engineers from the UI and talk to Phantom what Bonfida needs to do to make Jabber available on Phantom Wallet. I just want it done, delivered. Not some flashy color tone UI update.

If you don’t do something substantial fast, $FIDA is going back below your seed round and IEO price. And the unlocking is not helping your case. Please guys. Know your priorities. If you cannot raise more money, and 5% fees are cut in the bear market, how big of a cushion you have to make it through a couple quarters if not years. Focus on the real hard problems not the UIs.

1 Like

Feedback is noted here.

1. Some more filters have been added; will look into adding more once some of the other fixes have been deployed. Let me know what interests you (a part from those currently added).

2. Will get back to you guys on making V1 available somewhere for you to access. @Yoyodyne, @SolaNames & @moon any other features you are missing besides the bulk claim at this moment? The restart, transfer and storage buttons have been relayed.

3. @moon you can zoom out on your computer screen for now to see more domains and let me see what we can do about the double scroll.

4. The sticky header won’t be as big once the feedback section is removed and we can always make it even smaller (as well as the footer).

Thanks for taking time to provide the feedback guys - we appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi Selene

Thanks for the prompt response. Now that we are discussing this. Let me offer something else.

1&4. Right now you are wasting the 2 strips on each side, the right strip being the area between the 2 scrollers as shown in the attached picture. How about you move the “browse domains” “Learn” " Titter" to the left strip and fix it so no matter where I scroll up or down, those buttons are on the left, ready to be clicked. Otherwise they are just wasted, and you have to block a small portion of the top. I know the “provide feedback” will be gone. Just an idea.

1. i am using a MacBook Pro 15 and there is no zoom out option and it shows as above 2 rows of names. I can only zoom in.

2. New idea. Since you are using different colors as background. Assign a meaning to it. For example, emojis only having a color, numbers only having a color, name containing the ugly special space taker human eye cant detect that people complained about having a color, maybe red as a precaution. or you can go by price, or how many digits it has. A lot of room for you to test it out. I think it is a simple “if then function” so not a lot of work load but you add some good functionality not just aesthetics.

Cheers!

1 Like

Technically we don’t need v1 if all the features are in v2 this week (or sooner heh).
@Selene

The “transfer domain” after sale is a big one because right now I cannot get the funds for auctions I have just sold. The FIDA are just stuck in limbo for me. I am assuming the buyer can transfer but not the seller since I did get finds from one name (FIDA auction).

The auction “restart” button for old domains ending with no bids, and “Bulk Claim”, are important to me also to have soon.

I guess those 3 are pretty important hah… I will look to see what else is missing.
Thanks!

1 Like

Updates guys:

1. Transfer button working
  2. Larger clickable space on domain cards running
  3. Bulk claim done, just waiting on some design specs.
2 Likes

Thanks! Looks good so far!

The restart button is for domain names that were created long ago and ended with no bids. 3 days for FIDA denominated and 7 days for USDC denominated. “This Auction Ended With No Bids - Restart”

2 Likes

Sorry I’m out of my own topic but it exactly what I want to say. I don’t know where to discuss…

We need a shoutbox/chat, yes this forum is cool but too hard for a new to post and not enough answers. It won’t give a good image of this very good project… Discord scammed, telegram scammed, we only have the forum.
Its good for important and long topic, but not very cool for daily speaking.

Other things, since few days I’m trying to do more publicity about bonfida through other projects, and it seem it work if we look the MagicEden history :slight_smile: So it is my point : communication could be better (but thank you for all the work I love you team :heart:). Thank for attention

PS : I’m very agree with the messages of Yoyodyne & moon; And waiting the news for the website where the spec :wink:

Would love to have a feed that shows what domains are being registered. Today there was $16,000 in new registrations (minus 1 resale) with an average of about $100 each. That’s like 1000% above normal which is great! But we have no idea what people are registering. I have a feeling it is numbers.

I also would love a way to see how many numbers are left (999,9999). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seems like the frenzy for 3 digit domains has extended to Solana, +43 new domains registered in the last few days, 202 left to be registered, it feels like we missed a good opportunity to grab some good domains thanks to bonfida policy on 3 char domains, these are the 3 digits available to register if you can afford to pay $640 each:

1 Like

Thanks Jose for posting the supply! I wish we could have a site or page that tracked this like ENS vision. I trade on ETH and SOL names and it’s been crazy over there and it is not surprising that is keeps spilling over to Solana names.

A big part of the ENS run is because of quantified rarity provided on ENS vision.
We can easily do the same here for all categories (numbers, emojis, names)

Yeah it’s crazy but i think sol domains are far behind eth domains, floor price for 3 digits is like 60x that of the sol counterpart but that is not aligned with bonfida policies, i wish i could have registered more 3 digits at a fair price, it would have been a great investment opportunity.
It would be cool to have a tool like ens vision for sol domains, but it would be useless without volume

1 Like

I just threw you a follow on twitter :). Can’t believe I wasn’t already!

So … Yeah I do have some 3 digits numbers and 4. But I would love to get dibs on some more. I guess it’s up to FIDA. But I also want to see my value in the 3 letter and number domains I have protected.

Maybe a “sale” for 7 days where we can get a window to get them cheap. Or even for 48 hours. I think you had suggested this before. I like the idea. It can be a rare event. Or even just once.

I think having the tool to see scarcity would help create the volume and would be good to have ready before solana domains take off again.

— wow - I just checked and there was $22k in new registrations today ($16k yesterday) Not sure if that is already included in numbers.

Thanks for the follow. Yeah, i suggested making a promotion like black friday, but bonfida doesn’t seems to be interested in ajust the price to the reality of the market, they don’t have incentives to sell, i suppose they are already well funded. It’s like they are holding all the short domains for themselves and not in a hurry, they will wait until the market value the domains at the price they decided to sell, taking away the opportunity to anyone else of making a profit by being early and believe in their future value.

I think that lowering the price does not lower the value of our portfolio, the value is not dependant of the arbitrary tag price asigned, i could have thousands of 3 char domains but i wouldn’t be able to sell it at $640 each if the market does not value it at that price.

1 Like