ros
mech
goodnight

brendon
jill
sochi
unionbank

Just adding a few there ^^^

I have posted the chosen domains on Twitter PrivateBin they will stay there for 7 days to give users a chance to claim.

After that, we will go to a DAO vote as described in the process for the welcome message above.

Thanks to those who selected names!

supercycle.sol is on this list but already claimed btw

may i please add some names to the list too? will post later today.

Noted. An auction won’t be restarted for domains that are already claimed.

Unfortunately, I have already published the list. In the future I can give you more time to select the names? Maybe a week instead of 3 days?

Sorry about that @solszn

1 Like

No problem, it’s just 3 domains that were bought in error with variant selectors, that I don’t intend to claim. Not sure how that situation is handled ordinarily.

The vote time will be 7 days correct?

Yes, that is correct.

1 Like

Gentle reminder that the vote is up:

If you want to get these restarted, don’t forget to vote!

Does it make sense to vote in every cycle? i mean, winners of auctions were adivised from the star that they have up to 6 months to claim their domains. Why not make a poll to approve all cycles restarting auctions, it removes a lot of friction for these who are really interested in the domains.

When does the vote end?

Can you explain me these numbers please ?
Does we really need 375k votes, and is there already 2k with 100% yes, right ? :hushed:

@Selene can we please add ‘ashwinsuresh’ to the next list of restarts?

Hey guys!

An update on the unclaimed domains.

I think it’ll be best if we continue this cycle once there is sufficient demand to restart domain names again. It seems like this has diminished as the last cycles were run.

We could let some time pass and once there is a nice collection of unclaimed domains again rerun this on a demand basis.

How does this sound? Suggestions are welcome.

1 Like

Hello Selene, its really frustrating for us to have to wait for all the process and frequently get a rejection because the voting doesn’t reach the minimum quorum, we only had a cycle of restarting in all the .sol history. I’m regularly looking for domains and sometimes i found good ones that never were claimed, I think that the auction winners that don’t claim their domains are overspoiled with so much time, they originally had 6 months to claim but most of them get up to one year and they don’t bother to complete the registration.

My proposal: any domain that exceeds 6 months without claiming could be auctioned on demand, the restarting auction could be triggered by any user that is interested in it in the same way that domains that were auctioned without bids (using the typical button “Restart auction”). That way the truly interested persons could get a chance to bid on them.

2 Likes

I agree. The voting on this is probably not needed. We could vote on the not needing a vote! :slight_smile:

What if the system sent out an NFT with text written on it that alerts the buyer that 6 months has elapsed and they need to pickup their name? Then if they do not do this within 30 or 60 days the domain goes back to being available automatically after exactly X amount of time past 6 months. Or it goes into a state of “restart auction”. Just like with the “Domain ended with no bids – Restart”.

This is more than enough warning. There could even be a page where domains that are not being claimed can be posted so that people can see they messed up and need to claim. This can be pointed to once a month from twitter.

I am fine with warning people and giving some extra time frame after that warning. But the system should be more automated.

So basically I agree! And I think I like the idea of converting these into the “restart after no bid” state. So 7 days $20 min bid restart.

3 Likes

There are litterally 50,000 unclaimed domains that people with more luck than us don’t bother to claim. Im trying to build an app using a premium domain but all the good ones are registered or forgotten by careless people.

My proposal: any domain that exceeds 6 months without claiming could be auctioned on demand, the restarting auction could be triggered by any user that is interested in it in the same way that domains that were auctioned without bids (using the typical button “Restart auction”). That way the truly interested persons could get a chance to bid on them.

I oppose any change like you’re proposing until bulk claim issues are ironed out. After that, I’m open to discussion, and can give my thoughts on it later. To summarize, I’m actively trying to claim a large number of domains, but the transaction is not generating, or if it generates, it freezes before approval, or the approve button is not active. Claiming manually would take weeks. Working with Bonfida to resolve ASAP, but I don’t think such domains should be subject to restart until a reasonable method for claiming is available, and a window of time in which to do so.

To Bonfida’s credit, they built the bulk claim feature for us, it’s just not perfect yet. Even so, I think it only became available quite recently.

I have confidence Bonfida will take a principled approach to deciding on this issue, and we should be a little bit patient, it’s not entirely clear cut, whatever we decide someone will be unhappy.

1 Like

Agreed. Would like to make sure you can claim all your names. And others have the chance as well. No rush here.

1 Like

I agree, if it passed 6 month it should be restarted. i think 6 month is pretty fair time to be able to claim domains even thou there are som disruptions happens to solana.

1 Like