Revisited: Unclaimed .sol Domain Names Exceeding the 6 Month Period

I think it’s time we revisit the unclaimed .sol domain names exceeding their claimable period. Since the last time, we decided that these domains will resume the auction process which ensures everyone has a fair chance to obtain them.

Please read through this thread:
https://forum.bonfida.com/t/unclaimed-sol-domain-names-exceeding-the-6-month-period/301

Together we have also layed out a process to be followed, which I suggest we do bi-monthly (fun fact; bi-montly means both twice a month and every two months - what I am referring to here is every two months). I propose every two months as the process will take some time to complete and may become too redundant if repeated monthly. We can set a recurring date - thus everyone will be well informed.

Structure of the process:

1. A list containing all the unclaimed domain names exceeding the 6-month period will be publicized every two months.

2. The community decides on domain names they wish to be restarted by putting it in this thread. 3 days to decide on this should be enough.

3. Then the selected domain names are made public on our Twitter account (“@bonfida”) for 7 days. In this manner, anyone that may have forgotten to claim their domain name has a fair chance to do so.

4. After this, we will commence a DAO vote to approve the restart of these domain names. DAO votes will run for 7 days, unless it meets the threshold prior to that.

5. If the DAO vote is approved, the auctions will be restarted (an adequate warning will be provided). If not, domain names that were selected will automatically roll over to the next time the process starts.

*Sidenote: hopefully the timeframe of this ‘process’ gives more context as to why I suggested every second month.

Let’s start this on the 15th of April, recurring bi-monthly.

Here is the list of all the unclaimed domain names exceeding 6 months:
https://ghostbin.com/3y3sn

Here is the list that will rollover from the last time:

These two URLs will be updated accordingly before each voting schedule.

Let us know what you think!

4 Likes

@jose & @Tree I’m pasting these here for convenience:

uponly
airdrops
hash
waves
trezor
ramp
hash
doom
pussy
gem
race
portal
stream
wn
from
charlie
jones
morgan
switch
lowcost
latinos
messari
bear
public
streaming
tree

Looks great!

Mixed in the list I do see a bunch of random junky domain restarts (never bid), names that were actually claimed, and some names that are even at auction right now. Any way to narrow it just to “Unclaimed” names that were won and never claimed?

Also @Selene and @jose - I see “latinos” listed but I own it and have been listing it for sale. Not sure how that came up on the 6 month list. Maybe the person claimed it then sold it to me about 2 months ago. I have it wrapped as an NFT.

Also, not sure if 3 days is enough to go over the 1000s of names in there :stuck_out_tongue:

These will be added to the auction restart?

Well, here is my selection:

eth2

jumpcapital

ideas

frog

ramen

hentai

:racing_car:

billionaire

:crossed_fingers:

allen

cooper

numb

leonard

:bison:

:smile_cat:

switch

luxembourg

valentin

jeffrey

censorship

polka

everstake

leopold

ryo

forest

salmon

bastardo

:calendar:

:tram:

fleet

shorts

hilarious

arrest

shelf

bells

worried

existence

tendency

pinch

telling

historical

resolute

simplistic

puzzling

careful

sheet

delightful

flashy

kneel

fierce

sigh

imported

veil

occur

familiar

scissors

direction

rabbits

ahead

prepare

disastrous

delay

fujifilm

wynn

caesars

mgm

evolve

chernobyl

tits

Tele

dk

swim

cyberpunk

tutorials

bazar

cooker

millenial

dream

longs

socialnetwork

solomon

edge

impact

Visit

care

pitch

Bon

naut

tinder

younger

citigroup

coconut

ubuntu

maxwell

fud

nftgod

why

lk

kill

fs

diego

casanova

rico

victorious

robotics

daos

always

mostly

macron

nftx

hotwallet

fuckyou

teens

grove

decoration

antique

atlantis

neuralink

silk

tesco

hoover

patriarch

downtown

flipkart

short

substack

macro

damn

boca

hal

unreal

acdc

novo

jaguar

jfk

panther

cuban

manchesterunited

wave

volt

steaker

partner

everything

garcia

webflow

great

whitney

crab

darkest

digit

badgers

corp

manga

millenium

envy

briant

voyeurs

specials

soil

gobierno

pyramid

freeman

alesso

purchase

invested

financial

retail

spring

decentralized

broadcast

belle

buzz

bomb

oneworld

sniper

agora

bruno

howrareis

utopia

supernova

hustle

snowflakes

4u

cleo

cookies

cert

inti

1m

vince

nsfw

ground

exile

sherwin

snark

denmark

metagames

hy

dummy

metadata

pictures

soup

creep

sucker

ym

uo

owner

mim

lambda

intuition

mobile

turismo

seguros

fart

rat

ranger

bust

please

rail

resolver

merch

powerplant

marti

riqueza

roll

whisper

imperio

danza

mozilla

laundry

amen

vp

miguels

cmon

cobra

nomadic

cosmic

volcano

brunch

werewolf

vampires

found

axis

collective

hats

circus

gossip

dinosaurs

xa

gx

xf

teaching

stablekwon

badguy

hackers

newsletter

deadpool

cashflow

jewel

qx

lethal

avengers

rings

emperor

marvin

vx

qb

lady

evening

dangerous

obsolete

teacher

sia

3p

faith

rosalia

ballet

sharks

:clock12:

hippos

foofighters

pinkfloyd

boredapes

slash

networth

annuity

bluemoon

vacationrental

:soccer:

cuzco

genova

venezia

napoli

medicina

cancer

natura

opera

natural

consultant

braves

guardian

aids

tres

wework

cindy

univision

memory

pepes

familia

catarina

diseno

blunt

newage

Please add:
sojourner

Hey @Yoyodyne - my bad. The list of unclaimed domains have been updated accordingly. Thanks for noting!

1 Like

Thanks! I did just check the top few domains…

diverge",
“twirlfinance”,
“stephenhu”,

For example are “restarts” and not “unclaimed”. Am I missing something? I tried refreshing the page.

twirl

Also, already claimed names do seem to be in there still. Like the alphabet “A” “W” etc
alph

Looks like @jose got most of the goods ones to release already! Looks good to me.

1 Like

I think that someone exploited a bug on that domains, they tried to register domains with capital letters and at the moment of claiming they failed.

1 Like

@bonfida how can we recover funds for domains that we do not claim? Would it be worthwhile to have a thread to flag domains we do not intend to claim?

I have some domains that were bought in error (for example, they contain variant selectors that I did not notice at the time).

Hey guys,

Sharing this here too:

1 Like

@solzn wrote: how can we recover funds for domains that we do not claim? Would it be worthwhile to have a thread to flag domains we do not intend to claim?

I have some domains that were bought in error (for example, they contain variant selectors that I did not notice at the time).

Bump @bonfida @Selene. Once they hit 6 months how do we cancel and recover funds?

I guess one way would be to ask for those bad names to be restarted with the next vote. Then funds will automatically be sent back. Downside is that if it’s a bad domain then someone else may buy it and get upset.

Hey guys!

The first batch of the auctions have been restarted. Here’s today’s list:

https://pastebin.com/qiKSmYfV

2 Likes

Batch #2: Auction Restart: Batch 2 - Pastebin.com

I think that cerveza (1st batch) and tree (2nd batch) were already claimed before it went restarted.

Batch #3: Auction Restart: Batch 3 - Pastebin.com

I’d like to alert you that there’s a big problem. You said that names that were claimed could not be restarted. The name ty was already claimed and the auction was restarted. Please fix this ASAP, and double check before making statements this is wrong.
@bonfida