New Airdop Idea, FIDA, and ENS gold rush

In the last few days ENS has seen record volume beyond all imagination. In the hopes that people will also see equal value in Solana Name Service I was wondering if there is possibly any way to revisit the airdrop idea but use FIDA coin instead or possibly some other asset like airdropping domains. Since we already have a DAO. The DAO could vote on such a thing of course.

With the price of FIDA as it is, I am wondering if there was some way to split off some FIDA coin that is on reserve for an airdrop to bring further interest to the platform and FIDA. Something like a per wallet airdrop with some unknown qualifications and snapshot date. The snapshot could be somewhere between 2 months and 4 months or something like that.

Possibly a better idea would be to airdrop the next round of unclaimed domains or even tokens for free domain registration! This would have little downside and a big upside. Low cost high reward. Scores would be assigned to wallets that participated in registering new domains, purchasing on the secondary markets, wrapping domains, and more. The higher the score the more likely to get a dropped name. There could be just 3 or 4 tiers to keep it fair so that no one person has too high a chance.

Or a combination of both! Draw this out over 2-3 months and the interest in FIDA and SNS would be highly boosted.

1 Like

Or a combination of both! Draw this out over 2-3 months and the interest in FIDA and SNS would be highly boosted.

I like the idea. Not sure if better to do now (with macro being quite bearish) or alternatively wait for a more bullish environment. If the team indicated a willingness to do this at some point it would be great, whether now or later.

1 Like

this creates supply, but no corresponding demand to help protect price / grow the ecosystem