Investigating lost funds due to the Metaplex bug

There have been reports in the community that the funds which were mistakenly locked in a program account haven’t been completely repaid. I’m going to look into this and see what I can find. If you have any information regarding this issue, please DM me as this would be of great help.

Let’s get to the bottom of this.

7 Likes

how is this going? find anything?

Is there an update for this?

I’m making some headway on this and should have more to report on this week. It’s going a bit slower than expected because I haven’t had any user reports to help in understanding this.

1 Like

hey, any update on this?

Alright, I finally managed to get a clear picture of what went down. The attached file goes through all affected auctions and gives the associated (and affected) place_bid and claim transactions. Using this information, it should be easy for us to pay back affected sellers as well as bidders (who need to get back their failed bids).
I’ll wait a bit before going through with this though, to allow any concerned parties to come forward in order to confirm / invalidate my findings. This took much longer than expected because I wanted to get some testimonies from the community in order to be able to validate my findings.
As of right now, we have received exactly one complaint from the community, which wasn’t enough to perform proper validation. In the interest of moving forward, I’m publishing these findings here anyways.
link

3 Likes

I only caught it because i was watching a few of my auctions. I don’t think people are aware of what happened. Any update on this?

Hi,
So this topic has been laying dormant for a while now, and I have yet to receive additional user testimonials to validate our picture of what went down. Considering this we have chosen to go ahead and refund those affected to the best of our knowledge.

A log of the refund containing transaction ids can be found here.

For reference, there aren’t that many transfer instructions because some of those would have been to the primary auction seller, i.e. us.

4 Likes