Deploying agnostic-candles with docker compose

When deploying the agnostic-candles project with docker compose, it appears the server and worker processes end with exit code 0 after only a few seconds. Running docker ps shows the server and worker containers perpetually restarting every 60 seconds.

I’m wondering if anyone has had success deploying this repo with docker compose?

I suspect there is an issue with your env variables. Have you set all the env variables required by the yml file? Do you mind giving the error message you get?

I should have the necessary env variables, if I run docker-compose up I’m able to run the containers without any errors. However, after a few seconds, I start to see the following come in and this continues in perpetuity:

agnostic-candles_candles-worker_1 exited with code 0
agnostic-candles_candles-server_1 exited with code 0

What’s strange is the error log doesn’t give any information, and docker-compose up doesn’t error when I run (everything appears successful). If I remove the ENTRYPOINT line from the final line of the Dockerfile, however, the exit code 0 message will go away:

ENTRYPOINT ["/usr/local/bin/candles-server"]

This made me think the above script is run successfully, and exits upon completion, giving the 0 status. restart: true will then kick in for each container, and the process repeats itself over and over again. I’m not quite sure why this would happen, it sounds like @Bonfida team members aren’t hitting this, and can successfully run the containers locally?

Yes, running the containers locally work for me. Have you tried running without Docker compose? Just keep timescale in Docker but run the worker and server without Docker compose