Can you lower the priority of scam names in fixed auctions?

I understand there is a filter issue and other language libraries trigger the red ! mark, however user like Solana Name Service | Bonfida are taking advantage of this to unload their scams via fixed selling. The user who owns this is active on the forums. We do not want to be pushing scam names or domains to upset legit consumers. Shame on you. my suggestion is to just lower the priority of the listings like this until a better solution is found.

We do NOT want people to get scammed and stunt the growth of the domain market.

I agree with you we don’t want people to get scammed. Started working on a “certified” badge to filtrate emojis, you can give it a try here Solana Name Service | Bonfida

There are a lot of particular cases for emojis so it’s hard to get a rule that will work perfectly, so I would highly appreciate if you could help verify that there is no malicious emojis marked as “certified”.

However the large majority of the emojis in the profile you linked in your post are totally legit.

1 Like

So now you are calling me a scammer for selling real emojis? They are all legit. He seems to have some motive to attack me all the time. All I do is help develop the site and trade. This guy Yeehhaa… just complains and throws accusations that are super rude.

My gut feeling is Yeeehha has a large emoji profile and doesn’t want competition.

This post was made before we talked in the other thread, Bonfida has opted to not allow people to post freely so i couldn’t do anything about this. My main thing is that i do not want people being scammed. Chill out jr, i don’t care if you make money.

The fact of the matter is that a few things need to change and they will with time.

btw: nice edit suggesting for me to ne banned. Don’t worry i know some of your secrets, i won’t try to get u banned.

I own 16*, i don’t care.

No chill if you call me a scammer brah. Conversation on? heh

1 Like

I edit all the time. Can’t help it. Look -What is a compromise then?

Put a disclaimer that some emojis have different colors and versions?

First off I want to apologize for calling you a scammer, we’re from the same space of trading, poker, gambling where you call out scammers. I really thought any domains that had the joiners were attempts at scams. So I’m truly sorry for my ignorance and I’m not trying to stop you from making profit.

The issue at hand is the filter right? A script runs and if it contains XYZ then it’s flagged. The solution might just be manual where the team has to figure out every legit variation and give it the stamp of approval. From there we can basically just put any non-legit domains at the bottom of the list so they are not really visible. Like i said, I want people to know they are buying legit domains so people want to actually come back so we can create a legit market. Maybe we actually give all legit emojis their own tab in the fixed auctions?

1 Like

Thank you for understanding. I think we have the same goals. I had brought up all this hidden ZWJ stuff months ago in discord before it was well known after getting fooled myself by them with the “Ninja” emoji.

So, the devs have been working on a way to solve all this with exactly what you mention here. There is a bit about it in that other thread –

A “Verified Emoji” badge. Based on ONLY exact proper code of real emojis from Emojipedia. Should have something out soon. And then any issues that comes up such as hidden emojis or hidden ZWJ being used will be sure to keep those on the naughty list with the red mark - or worse by shoving them away as you say. There are also unicodes symbols which are legit.

And the tab for searching emojis is a good idea. Filter for “only verified”.

I just realized the dev posted a link to the test page for it above ^^ please test ty. I will be too.

It works! Nice…

I agree with you we don’t want people to get scammed. Started working on a “certified” badge to filtrate emojis, you can give it a try here Solana Name Service | Bonfida

There are a lot of particular cases for emojis so it’s hard to get a rule that will work perfectly, so I would highly appreciate if you could help verify that there is no malicious emojis marked as “certified”.

I agree with this.

Can we please submit a list of domains that are (1) legitimate but are (2) displaying the warning? Ideally these would be white-listed so as to not display the warning anymore.

1 Like

@solszn Sure, what are the domains you have in mind?

Thanks, specifically domains I own, if it’s OK I will DM this list to you?

It may be useful for extrapolating to types of domain that are problematic, too, but I guess you know about that already, it’s complex and hard to generalize.

1 Like

Yes, I know how hard it is to generalize.

For transparency and to help the community understand all the subtleties about emojis I would prefer if we could keep the discussion about these domains here

1 Like

Or this thread :slight_smile:

For transparency and to help the community understand all the subtleties about emojis I would prefer if we could keep the discussion about these domains here

Sure, thanks, I’ll make a comprehensive list, but here are some examples for now:

♱.sol
:video_camera:.sol
:snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:.sol
❊.sol
❃.sol
:heavy_check_mark:.sol

@solszn They have been added

1 Like